Here we learn, grow, express, and exhibit each of our unique styles and abilities of art. This a place for artists, by artists. Care to take a look?


    My First NPC (Dullahan {Prototype})

    Share
    avatar
    Chariloe

    Posts : 26
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2011-07-16
    Age : 23
    Location : ON THE TOILET!

    My First NPC (Dullahan {Prototype})

    Post by Chariloe on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:14 pm

    Dullahan is an irish legend of a headless knight who brings people to their deaths. He rides a black horse, carries his head in his arms as either the head itself or a shield, and the head has a disturbing face on it. He Has a whip made from the spine of a corpse, and a sword on his belt. Basically, this is my very first NPC (a prototype of it at least) and I wanna know what you guys think. I present, DULLAHAN!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    Crysis
    Admin

    Posts : 135
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2011-07-14
    Age : 23
    Location : New York

    Re: My First NPC (Dullahan {Prototype})

    Post by Crysis on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:18 am

    Hmm. It's pretty good for your first NPC. The only weird part is the legs of dullahan and his groin area, it doesn't look like it really flows right, and his legs seem like the should be longer. And where his head should be looks more like ice than a flame imo.


    Last edited by Crysis on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
    avatar
    Chariloe

    Posts : 26
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2011-07-16
    Age : 23
    Location : ON THE TOILET!

    Re: My First NPC (Dullahan {Prototype})

    Post by Chariloe on Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:17 am

    Crysis wrote:Hmm. It's pretty good for your first NPC. The only weird part is the legs of dullahan and his groin area, it doesn't look like it really flows right, and his legs seem like the should be longer. And where his head should be looks more like ice than a flame imo.
    I think the leg's length is fine, but yeah the groin does look a little weird, I agree. Then again, this is just a prototype.

    faiyaz

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2011-07-15

    Re: My First NPC (Dullahan {Prototype})

    Post by faiyaz on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:58 am

    I think you could enhance the legs a little bit.. the shield could have a firm outline rather than shades would make it stand out and it also needs a bit more shape..
    avatar
    Chariloe

    Posts : 26
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2011-07-16
    Age : 23
    Location : ON THE TOILET!

    Re: My First NPC (Dullahan {Prototype})

    Post by Chariloe on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:57 pm

    faiyaz wrote:I think you could enhance the legs a little bit.. the shield could have a firm outline rather than shades would make it stand out and it also needs a bit more shape..
    What exactly do you mean by more shape?

    faiyaz

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2011-07-15

    Re: My First NPC (Dullahan {Prototype})

    Post by faiyaz on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:36 am

    the shield looks like a 'D' shape maybe make it a circle or the curve at the end kind of shield and give it an outline
    avatar
    Crysis
    Admin

    Posts : 135
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2011-07-14
    Age : 23
    Location : New York

    Re: My First NPC (Dullahan {Prototype})

    Post by Crysis on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:52 pm

    faiyaz wrote:the shield looks like a 'D' shape maybe make it a circle or the curve at the end kind of shield and give it an outline
    Hmm. I agree with Faiyaz. Try and reshape it a bit.
    avatar
    Chariloe

    Posts : 26
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2011-07-16
    Age : 23
    Location : ON THE TOILET!

    Re: My First NPC (Dullahan {Prototype})

    Post by Chariloe on Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:56 pm

    It's just a prototype, but I'll do that soon.

    system

    Posts : 3
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-04-28

    Re: My First NPC (Dullahan {Prototype})

    Post by system on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:52 pm

    Great work.

    Sponsored content

    Re: My First NPC (Dullahan {Prototype})

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:00 am